Reptiles For Sale
How to Buy
This is a small-scale, non-commercial, hobby operation — something we do on the side, not our full-time business. We don’t have a storefront, nor do we keep regular business hours. Which is to say that we’re not always available to sell snakes, even though we do appreciate your business. If you’re interested, we can probably work something out.
Shipping: I should mention that we don’t normally ship. We might consider it for a large order within Canada, but we won’t ship over winter and we can’t legally ship by any method except air freight. I will not sell you an animal that it is not legal for you to keep where you live (for example, garter snakes in British Columbia without the requisite licence).
Reptile Shows: The best place to buy our wares is at our table at a reptile show. We sometimes have a table at the Ontario Reptile Expo, which takes place five times a year in Mississauga. Sometimes we attend one of the smaller shows, too.
Meeting and Delivery: If that’s not practical for you, or if you just can’t wait until the next show, contact me and see if we can arrange another time and place. I can deliver in the Ottawa-Gatineau area the next time I’m in town, in and around Renfrew, and in the Pontiac. Otherwise, you’ll have to come to me, or we’ll have to wait until the next time I happen to be in your area — for example, the next time I visit Toronto or Montreal. It’s usually not realistic for me to make a special long-distance trip to deliver your snake.
No snakes are available for sale at this time. Please check back later.
We currently have breeding pairs of the following species: Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata); Great Basin Gopher Snakes (Pituophis catenifer deserticola); and Black Pine Snakes (Pituophis melanoleucus lodingi). When we have offspring ready for sale we will list them above. If it’s not listed above, it’s not available — don’t ask.
We have a few pairs of other species that are not yet ready to breed, but in a year or two we should be able to produce Western Hognose Snakes (Heterodon nasicus), Bullsnakes (Pituophis catenifer sayi) and albino and normal Checkered Garter Snakes (Thamnophis marcianus). Check back to see which of these snakes we’ll try to breed for the 2006 season.
Terms and Conditions
- No related pairs
- Because we want to promote a healthy and diverse gene pool in the hobby, our policy is not to sell fully related pairs of snakes.
- Sexed specimens
- We do our best to ascertain the sex of our specimens, but we’re not really good at it. Mistakes can happen!
- We do not offer snakes for sale unless they’ve eaten frozen/thawed mice three times in a row. To the best of our knowledge they are healthy and free of parasites and mites. Having said that, surprises can occur.
- If a health problem arises within the first month or so, do let us know. We’ll refund or replace any animals if it’s clear that the animal’s health was a result of something that happened before you bought it (at our discretion; replacements subject to availability). But any mishaps due to your own lack of knowledge are strictly your own responsibility. Sorry.
- We’ll do our best to help you with any questions you have about your purchase, subject to our busy schedules. Before contacting us with a care-related question, please take a moment to do a little research — it’s up to you to do the necessary homework.
- Sales at our discretion
- We won’t sell a snake to anyone who, in our judgment, isn’t capable of looking after it properly. We also won’t sell to rude, aggressive or difficult customers. Buyers under the age of 18 who are living at home will need parental consent — don’t contact us until your parents say it’s okay first!
- All sales final
- All sales are final. Don’t buy unless you’re absolutely sure.